Friday, December 12, 2008

HmmMmmMmm...

...Interesting.

I've had the whole day to myself, essentially.. but it started out pretty rough. Last night, I had a recording observation that I needed to go to, that started at 10:00pm.

At RCA Studio B.

Basically, epic..... but a mile away from campus.

Typically, that wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm not so fat that I can't walk a mile, but last night had the major factor of being around 20 degrees. Bloody hell. That's really cold.

So I wrapped up in warmness, and charged the streets. It took me about 25 minutes to get there. Not bad. I got to listen to some As Cities Burn. I love that band. New album is good walking music. When i got there (about ten minutes late), the session had clearly been going for about an hour, which frustrated me. I had to document everything, and now I had to catch up on an hours worth of work.

Anyways.. it turned out a lot better than I thought, and I was out of there by 12:30. Walking back was almost worse, though. So. Bloody. Cold.

Anyways.. when I got back, I grabbed my guitar and went to the bell tower with Paul and Sunny. Sunny knit while Paul and I went through a bunch of sweet chord progressions and songs we've been working on. Sometimes I wish that I could just.. take what little skill I have and donate it to someone more worthy. Like.. other people.

Anyways, after that, I went back to Hail thinking I would go to bed. It was 3:30. I ended up in a huge discussion with Dan and J.P. about God, creation, horror movies, and farming. Ridiculous. Eff my life. Hahaha. Waking up was hard.

Basically today, I've been rushing to get papers turned in a stuff. Simple. Not too hard. I helped Zach get to his flight on time, and the rest of the day was spent on my own.. playing guitar. I wrote a cool song. More like three, actually. They'll be hard to record, though.. so I better start practicing.

Anyways.. I need to give up on this entry.

Listen to:

"We Delete; Erase" by Native
"Ozma" by Melvins

No comments: