Thursday, August 7, 2008

Celebrate Recovery...

Tonight was kind of awesome. Terribly embarrassing at the same time, though. I usually play guitar with my youth pastor, Matt Carlson at our church's CR [Celebrate Recovery] meetings. Tonight, he was not here, so I recruited my more-than-capable girlfriend to sing and play with me in his stead.

She was amazing. I was not.

It was pretty bad. I started on the wrong chords, forgot songs, lyrics, and nearly collapsed on stage. I've spent the better part of the day cleaning my room.. like I have been for the past few days. The thing is- today I didn't really eat anything, and I was up nearly all night previous. Not a good mix. My warning to all you musicians: don't run your show without energy. Our body is like a working machine. We can't expect it to function at its best without its two primary fuel sources: food and sleep.

Lesson learned.

On the bright side, my room is definitely.. getting there.. whatever that means.

Peace

No comments: