Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tonight...

Was pretty much amazing. The day started with fast-paced room cleanage. My mother is finally home to help me throw things away, and we made progress actually packing things into suitcases. It's an insane thought- packing your whole life into five bags. Sheets, instruments, medicines, microphones, and all sorts of random crap. All in five bags. It's ridiculous.

Anyways.. after all that, I went with my lead lady, Avena, to take couple's shots together. It was a fun time, running around stagecoach park making faces at the camera. Avena's sister was our fantastic photographer, who put up with all my stupid comments and retarded posturing. I can't wait to see how the shots turned out.

After pictures, Avena and I went to dinner at CPK. The finest noms one can get, in many cases. I just enjoy that place- my family and I have been going there for years. It was nice to take my girlfriend there. We managed to max out our gift card for 50 dollars. It was definitely a fine accomplishment.

Following our food splurge, we went back to Avena's house and watched a bit of the ol' olympics with her family. It was all good times. I'm so happy that I can have such an open relationship with my lady, and still have a fantastic relationship with her family. I'm truly blessed. It's getting down to the last week in Encinitas. I am honestly brokenhearted. I don't know what I'll do when I get to Nashville. Maybe I'll shed a long-overdue tear. Having to move away from all of my friends, family, and amazing girlfriend leaves me with the prospect of growing: something I tend to do only when I'm forced to.

Time to go: time to grow.

I guess this will be good for me. Maybe I'll be inspired and actually write some meaningful music.

Speaking of which, here's the list:

"Dark Shades of Blue" by Xavier Rudd
"Another Hallelujah" by Campaign
"Winter EP" by Jon Foreman
"Vheissu" by Thrice
"Never Take Friendship Personal" by Anberlin

Peace, yall.

No comments: